What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Advanced RV-14 IFR Panel

N402RH

Well Known Member
We powered up the panel in Van's new RV-14 demonstrator tail wheel plane today, this is going to be one awesome airplane. Two AF-5600T EFIS touch screens, PS Engineering Remote Audio panel, Autopilot, Avidyne IFD540 GPS Navigator, AP Panel, AF-Com Radio, ADS-B weather and Traffic, Remote Mode S Transponder and the Advanced Control Module to make wiring extremely easy to install and maintain.

18222052626_da4fde9f83_h.jpg

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Beautiful

That looks great! I notice that the canopy jettison handle is horizontal in that setup, is that a mod you guys did or has Van's made that change in the plans as it differs from the tri-gear prototype?

Thanks for sharing the photos,

Last edited:
That looks great! I notice that the canopy jettison handle is horizontal in that setup, is that a mod you guys did or has Van's made that change in the plans as it differs from the tri-gear prototype?

Thanks for sharing the photos,

That will be the standard kit configuration.

Nice panel. If you could step back about 15' and stand to the side, I would love to see what the panel looks from that angle.

Absolutely great work Rob! Will there be any opportunity for dual VHF radios in one of your Quickbuild panels?

Greg Novotny
RV-14a 140209
empennage and wings in progress

Nice panel. Looking forward to seeing the demo taildragger - pretty sure it's what I'll be building soon.

Absolutely great work Rob! Will there be any opportunity for dual VHF radios in one of your Quickbuild panels?

Greg Novotny
RV-14a 140209
empennage and wings in progress

This panel has dual COM radios, one in the Avidyne IFD540 and one in the AF-COM. It also has two GPS units and NAV.

Rob Hickman

Rob,

Great looking panel. Any word on when you're going to announce pricing for the various packages for the RV14?

Cheers Jim

Nice panel. If you could step back about 15' and stand to the side, I would love to see what the panel looks from that angle.

Here are some more pictures of the panel installation:

18175728880_56414b57ef_b.jpg

From the left side:
18175728220_eea761d829_b.jpg

From the right side:
18177307749_6206c78c50_b.jpg

Rob Hickman
N402RH RV-10

Thanks Rob - but what I was really looking for was a picture of the 14 tail wheel profile! It was a trick!! Ha! I have to say that your panel looks great. Nice work.

Gee Rob---you could have moved about 3 feet forward to take some "top secret" pics of the FWF and gear set up!!
Tom

Back