- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-10
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2020, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwellman View Post
I picked up the RV-10 model, it's pretty well done. I used to do a lot of flight sims so I guess this is getting me back into it ;-)

It would be nice to be able to configure some different panels. But I don't believe there is a G3X or HDX available for X-Plane or even the IFD series of navigators. So you'd be modelling ALL of those screens...I'm not sure what that would even take...but it sounds like a mountain to climb. I'd much rather spend the time building my ACTUAL RV-10!

Jared
I also bought this last night and have flown it a few times around the pattern. I am building an RV-10 but haven't flown one yet. The roll rate in the simulation seems pretty high, and the sim is very stable in roll. Any idea if that is a realistic representation of the real thing? I flew it in a zero wind situation, so maybe it was just the very calm "air" in the sim that made it seem exceptionally stable and crisp.
Old 02-14-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001001 View Post
I also bought this last night and have flown it a few times around the pattern. I am building an RV-10 but haven't flown one yet. The roll rate in the simulation seems pretty high, and the sim is very stable in roll. Any idea if that is a realistic representation of the real thing? I flew it in a zero wind situation, so maybe it was just the very calm "air" in the sim that made it seem exceptionally stable and crisp.
I got the sim, too, and have been in contact with the developer. The roll rate is much higher than the real thing and the pitch up in the sim when the flaps are deployed is also much higher than the real thing. I didn't notice anything too off about the stability. Also the sim accelerates on takeoff VERY slowly compared to the real thing.
RV-10 Build Log