What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What is a sump worth?

John Courte

Well Known Member
Looking for a ballpark figure for what my old take-off sump is worth.

I have an O-360-F1A6 sump with no data plate that I took off my engine to convert it to cold air induction FI.

I've looked on Ebay, Barnstormers, and TradeAPlane and it's all over the map. Is the yellow tag and the data plate the thing that bumps up the value or should I just go for the closest one, which is an A4K sump on eBay for $429?

Getting ready to clean out the hangar/guest house.

cheers,
-John

I have purchased 2 factory cold air sumps for a 300 HP 540 from Ebay in the last few weeks. The first one was complete with data plate and I paid $250 shipped to my door. The next one was missing the internal tubes and servo adapter and I paid less than $100 to my door.

I sold an O-320 sump (version that was OK for an A-model) and intake pipes for around $250....

O320 sump for 9A

I'm currently looking for an O-320 sump that will fit a 9A...basically a straight riser sum with induction tubes that only have the single bend in them. If anyone is looking to sell one, please let me know.

Mike Miller

I recently purchased a vertical induction O-360 sump locally to replace a horizontal induction cold sump. I paid $350 with tubes minus the oil pickup suction assembly. I had previously called Wentworth Salvage and they wanted $795 for the sump and $35 per induction tube and said cold sumps go for $1195. Dan

Back