What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GTN Software V6?

NovaBandit

Well Known Member
Any news (or rumors) about the GTN V6 software update release date? I'm working on my instrument rating, and I really wish I had some of the features that I've wired the plane for that requires V6 (primarily remote GTN comm tuning from the G3X)...

I'm still on v5, so I don't have Connext features, Freq ID, or FastFind, as I've been waiting to do the update once from 5 to 6, instead of having to do two separate updates.

Last I heard, v6 was supposed to be out Q4 2015.

i'm following this thread for updates

http://www.beechtalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=114158

they're saying late Feb/early March now, something about the audio panel software certification is holding things up

Interesting thread -- I like that Garmin is an active participant like they are here with the experimental stuff. Anyway, now would be a really good time for them to push out that update so I can pull my GTN 650 and get the new software. The weather here is turning cold and I don't have preheat so I'm not likely to fly anytime soon.

Interesting thread -- I like that Garmin is an active participant like they are here with the experimental stuff. Anyway, now would be a really good time for them to push out that update so I can pull my GTN 650 and get the new software. The weather here is turning cold and I don't have preheat so I'm not likely to fly anytime soon.

Software updates are done with a sd card, just like data. No need to pull your 650 to do the update. Assuming that you can get your garmin dealer's tech to your aircraft. While performing software upgrades is pretty straight forward, garmin doesn't allow us to install upgrades ourselves. That's a policy I wish they would change for EABs.

Software updates are done with a sd card, just like data. No need to pull your 650 to do the update. Assuming that you can get your garmin dealer's tech to your aircraft. While performing software upgrades is pretty straight forward, garmin doesn't allow us to install upgrades ourselves. That's a policy I wish they would change for EABs.

I know, it's just easier for me to pull it and drop it off then to schedule a time to meet them at the hangar.

Back