What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

DigiTrak Repairs?

Clive J

Hi folks, I've had a surf of the forums and where as there's lots of discussion on fitting DigiTrak's there's nothing about getting them repaired. I've contacted TruTrak by E mail but no response.

Does anyone have any experience of having one of the panel units repaired?
Who by?

Mine goes blank randomly, drops out to standby and occasionally other faults.
This is the panel unit, servo is fine, it's talks fine with the GPS.
Some days it works fine, others it's not worth bothering with. Checked all the obvious, connections power etc.

Thanks, Regards, Clive RV9 in UK

Hi folks, I've had a surf of the forums and where as there's lots of discussion on fitting DigiTrak's there's nothing about getting them repaired. I've contacted TruTrak by E mail but no response.

Does anyone have any experience of having one of the panel units repaired?
Who by?

Mine goes blank randomly, drops out to standby and occasionally other faults.
This is the panel unit, servo is fine, it's talks fine with the GPS.
Some days it works fine, others it's not worth bothering with. Checked all the obvious, connections power etc.

Thanks, Regards, Clive RV9 in UK

Lucas used to be very responsive, but is no longer at Trutrak. Try emailing either [email protected] or [email protected].

I've transplanted a new LCD into a digiflight with the help of some data Lucas provided me. Cost to repair was $16.00 and some time. I believe they wanted $750 to rebuild the unit.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys, good info.

I've sent an E mail to addresses suggested and will phone later today.
Thanks again Clive

You will probably be offered an upgrade to a Vizion at a discounted price. The screens for the Digitracks are no longer available.

displey

I've transplanted a new LCD into a digiflight with the help of some data Lucas provided me. Cost to repair was $16.00 and some time. I believe they wanted $750 to rebuild the unit.

Do you have display part number by any chance?
please pm if you do

Heard from TruTrack

The standard customers support E mail bore fruit in the end, just took a week.
That was custserv at trutrakap dot com Corey got back to me.
Corey at trutrakap dot com

He offered a RMA number and an attempt at a repair. I'm going to fly and see if I can provoke it to fail and make a list of what it does. Also take down the number.

Also enquired as to what can replace it.

Thanks, for the feedback guys, much appreciated

Regards, Clive
P.S. will they be at Sun n Fun? I'm going over next week.

Serial number

Excellent I'll pop by and see what else there is if it turns out to be a write off.

Serial number is 102591, don't know how old it is, the plane is 8 years old but not sure if it was new then.

Heard back again from Corey and I need to fly to find out if theres anything I can provoke it do do or not do. Tomorrow hopefully, he'd like a video if I can get it failing regularly.

I opened the unit, checked all connections, D connector soldering etc nothing obvious though.

Thanks, Clive

Good question

Where did Lucas go??

I?ve also asked the question once before and no one ever commented. It?s a shame because Lucas brought a lot of good will to Trutrack from positive customer relationships.

Like some other folks said, my screen also failed and had to upgrade to the Vizion. That was about two years ago and I think then the cost was about $800 for the upgrade. I also had them install the auto wings level button at the same time.

Flew today

So after finding all the hardware looking spot on, wiring, soldering, earths etc. Flew briefly with the unit in charge and it was working OK. The heading number displayed by the unit was 50 degrees off which I've not seen before but I need to give it a bit more time in the air and read the book again.
I'm off to Germany when I get back from SnFun so that'll be a good opportunity to watch what it's doing and note down it's characteristics.
Will have at look at SnFun and see what I can replace it with.
Regards, Clive

Back