What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TruTrak ADI Pilott II In-flight settings

ten4teg

Well Known Member
What kind of settings are you ending up with on the TruTrak in the RV8. The book says to start at 0 and increase until the stick becomes jerky and then back it off. On the torque setting, it says to make it strong enough to control the airplane, but weak enough to be able to override it. This is done for both lateral and vertical. I can't tell a lot of difference at any setting. What is everybody else coming up with. I currently have each at 4 and 10. Thanks, Tom

TruTrak Settings

After installing the ADI II, I went through the manual setup and then through the "in-flight" stuff. It took me several tries to get it right (or at least close). We initially had an issue where the altitude hold wanted to "hunt" at 2000 ft/min climb and descent. The TruTrak folks guided us through a wiring change that cured the problem. As far as the final settings for roll and pitch, I am currently at about 7 and 9.

The unit still takes spells where it wants to "porpoise" but can be calmed down with a little stick pressure.

Back