What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

LED dilemma

joew

Well Known Member
I purchased a Sun Tail years ago. Decided to test it using my new 12v power unit before I ran the wires to mount it.

Initially it came on, just the light, no strobe. Then it went out and no longer works? Any ideas? Did I short it? Is there a diode or fuse inline I can replace. Can I bench test with a meter to trouble shoot?

Any insight is appreciated

Joe

And what is your 12 vdc power source?

Red wire wiring harness to 12 vdc +. And Black wire wiring harnes to 12 vdc -for Position lights Try first...lower amp draw. Is your source maintaining 9 vdc minimum?
Yellow wire to +. Black wire to - For Strobe lights

Power source was a bench power unit that was 12 v. I must have fried something inside the light. Is there a inline fuse or diode I can replace? This morning I applied power to the strobe (yellow wire). It flashed once, then nothing. Not sure what's up.

Last edited:
Can't find any information on the inner workings of the light...

If the voltage and wiring are correct, I'm afraid we're stuck. I don't think the grounding screw needs to be grounded in order for the lights to work...but may be worth a try.

From the data sheet it says it's internally thermally protected...

I P.M.ed Dean with Aero Led to see if he can help...

Resolved

Dean's company sent me a new strobe, the most current design. Extremely great customer support. Promptly responded to my inquiries, and made everything right.

Can not recommend them enough!

Joe

Dean's company sent me a new strobe, the most current design. Extremely great customer support. Promptly responded to my inquiries, and made everything right.

Can not recommend them enough!

Joe

Agree. I had a NAV light go out and they offered to swap both wingtip lights/strobes with newer units that have more LEDs, which I accepted.

Back