What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aluminum Manifold Block

ten4teg

Well Known Member
Where is a good place to purchase a aluminum manifold mounting block for sensors to mount on the firewall. I have seen them on other airplanes, but have not found them. I do not like the one that Vans sells. Thanks

Sensor mounting?

So, when people are using this manifold, are you simply mounting the senders by the NPT fitting, or do you have a separate Adel clamp around the sensor body to keep it from cantilevering on the NPT fitting? If it is the former, don't you have the same vibration issue as mounting the sensor directly on the engine, with an admittedly much lower vibration level? If it is the latter, that value is the manifold?

It seems like the "perfect" solution would be a ganged clamp to the sensor bodies, assuming you only need to have one line and one sensor tied. If you need both a pressure switch and a pressure sensor, I can see why the manifold might make sense.

Does anyone have a photo of an installation?

Last edited:
So, when people are using this manifold, are you simply mounting the senders by the NPT fitting, or do you have a separate Adel clamp around the sensor body to keep it from cantilevering on the NPT fitting? If it is the former, don;t you have the same vibration issue as mounting the sensor directly on the engine, with an admittedly much lower vibration level? If it is the latter, that value is the manifold?

Does anyone have a photo of an installation?

They are very low weight and do not seem to present a problem screwed directly into the manifold. For most, the manifold is not really necessary. Mine has more plugs in it than devices. I used it as that was the standard practice and a clean install.

Back