What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 0-360 Engine Fuel Pump Drain Tube

ten4teg

Well Known Member
I would like to find out what others have done with or how they routed the bypass drain tube from the 0-360 engine fuel pump. I understand that if the engine fuel pump diaphragm develops a tear that the fuel pump will dump some fuel out of this drain tube. However, this tube is directly over the RV8 exhaust system which would create a nasty fire. What have others done with this potential issue??

I would like to find out what others have done with or how they routed the bypass drain tube from the 0-360 engine fuel pump. I understand that if the engine fuel pump diaphragm develops a tear that the fuel pump will dump some fuel out of this drain tube. However, this tube is directly over the RV8 exhaust system which would create a nasty fire. What have others done with this potential issue??

Just attach a drain hose and direct it out the bottom of the cowling away from the exhaust pipes.

I would like to find out what others have done with or how they routed the bypass drain tube from the 0-360 engine fuel pump......
I installed the drain tube per Van's FWF DWGS. The small diameter aluminum tube was included in the FWF kit. As you can see, it is located well away from the exhaust and penetrates a hinge half. Please, no comments about zip ties on the engine mount. It can be a controversial topic and I've heard it all before.

2eanpdj.jpg

Back