What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Interior painting

joew

Well Known Member
Hey all you guru's, I need some insight. I sprayed my interior with Crome Free Epoxy Primer. I waited about four days, scuffed the surface, recleaned with damp rag, rubbing alcohol and a tack rag. Today I reapplied a light coat of primer.

About an hour later I applied a color coat of Jet Flex WR paint. I sprayed a even wet coat. It looked like great coverage, no runs at all. About 40 min later I began to see crackling in many(not all) areas.

I tried a textured application (lowered pressure and increased distance) to blend the cracks and cover flaws. Again, worked in some spots and not in others.

Thoughts? I have pics, but not sure how to load them.

Hey all you guru's, I need some insight. I sprayed my interior with Crome Free Epoxy Primer. I waited about four days, scuffed the surface, recleaned with damp rag, rubbing alcohol and a tack rag. Today I reapplied a light coat of primer.

About an hour later I applied a color coat of Jet Flex WR paint. I sprayed a even wet coat. It looked like great coverage, no runs at all. About 40 min later I began to see crackling in many(not all) areas.

I tried a textured application (lowered pressure and increased distance) to blend the cracks and cover flaws. Again, worked in some spots and not in others.

Thoughts? I have pics, but not sure how to load them.

Yes, the WR paint should only be applied over fully cured epoxy primer.

I bet if you hadn't added the second coat of primer it would have worked well.

Oh man, the Sherwin guys said by shooting it quicker, they would adhere better, a better chemical bond. Hmm, what can I do about it now? Sand the areas where it's cracking and respray the color?

Use a thinner and remove all of it and redo....yikes

Oh man, the Sherwin guys said by shooting it quicker, they would adhere better, a better chemical bond. Hmm, what can I do about it now? Sand the areas where it's cracking and respray the color?

Use a thinner and remove all of it and redo....yikes

I bet the guy in the paint shop thought you were using the solvent-based JetFlex.

Not sure of the best fix, but let it all cure for a few days first and sand, or remove the WR stuff now with thinners...

Back