What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Beringer Wheels/Brakes and Tubeless Tires vs. Tube variety

dreed

Well Known Member
Sorry if this horse has been beaten to death but trying to decide on Beringer mains and brakes vs.my Cleveland's

Seems like some think tubes are a plus others are firmly in the tubeless camp, but wanted to see what people that have Beringers or Grove tubeless think.

Also- on the brakes. A friend/builder with a few RV's under his belt and who and is A&P/AI thinks I should stay with the Cleveland's if for nothing else if you get stuck somewhere if I ever have a brake issue. He does have a point that Cleveland parts are pretty easy to get anywhere. I guess I could toss a spare o-ring or three in my spares kit.

Thanks!
dan

I did full Beringer brakes, wheels, tubeless tires. The Beringer full kit comes with very high quality Michelin tires. I can't remember the last time I saw a car with tubes in tires - as I understand it tubes fail more frequently than tires do when it comes to flats. Very happy with the brakes - they are smooth and work very well.

Seems like most tubes fail at the valve stem, usually due to underinflation combined with heavy braking.

I have a Berlinger tubeless on my -10?s front wheel. It is a great wheel but I have a nightmare about having a flat in the boondocks and a FBO who has never seen a tire without a tube.

The only flat I have had was dur to tube failure at the valve stem. Tubeless seems the way to go. Also minimizes seepage.

Back