What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FM150 Mixture Fitting Bolt Rub

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
I'm finding that as my engine droops a bit during its first hours that the bolt at the connector of the mixture cable on the forward end of the FM150 throttle body is rubbing on the lower cowling. I have the bolt in the top of the fitting and the nut on the bottom. I have about 5 thread showing under the MS20142 nut. I don't think I can go to the next size smaller bolt. Open to good ideas. It hasn't rubbed through the cowling but that seems a possibility.

The FM150 to IO390 adapter documents show the bolt (10A) coming from the bottom up, but there isn't enough clearance in my setup to let that happen - I think. Might go and see if I can't get it the other way around.

Last edited:
Solved my own problem. Seems the bolt that came with the kit was an an3-11A instead of the called out 10A. I had a 10 on hand so I put it in instead of the 11 not worrying about the drilled hole. Nut is now up and not interfering.

If you bought the fm150 kit make sure you have the right bolt.

Solved my own problem. Seems the bolt that came with the kit was an an3-11A instead of the called out 10A. I had a 10 on hand so I put it in instead of the 11 not worrying about the drilled hole. Nut is now up and not interfering.

If you bought the fm150 kit make sure you have the right bolt.

I put my bolt in with the nut down, in case it falls off. :eek:

I had the same thought. I think the cowling is coming off often enough lately I?ll just keep an eye on it. I think I need the clearance of having the nut high.

Back