What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7A CFI

gskelly

I'm New Here
I just acquired an RV-8A and I am looking for a CFI in Florida to give me an hour of dual instruction in his RV-7A.

Thanks,
Gordon Kelly
352-278-1631
St Augustine, FL

Last edited:
Welcome to VAF (ha! I beat Mike!)
Unfortunately your request is not simple. Either
(1) you find a cfi who will do this for no charge whatsoever, or
(2) you find a cfi who has a waiver ("LODA") to do this.

Either or both of these options will generally be expensive if the owner wants to keep his insurance in effect.

Welcome to VAF (ha! I beat Mike!)
Unfortunately your request is not simple. Either
(1) you find a cfi who will do this for no charge whatsoever, or
(2) you find a cfi who has a waiver ("LODA") to do this.

Either or both of these options will generally be expensive if the owner wants to keep his insurance in effect.

...or do what I did. Find someone who will loan you the use of their aircraft, and a CFI for hire in the loaner aircraft.

...or do what I did. Find someone who will loan you the use of their aircraft, and a CFI for hire in the loaner aircraft.

Re-read my post. Your proposal is perfectly legal. But the aircraft's insurance is most likely invalid for this usage. You've got a friend who is either great, or clueless.

Re-read my post. Your proposal is perfectly legal. But the aircraft's insurance is most likely invalid for this usage. You've got a friend who is either great, or clueless.

...or got us added to his insurance.

Back