- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-10
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2016, 07:28 AM

Default Serviceability?

Before you settle on a final decision, keep in mind that you'll need to remove and service your filter once every so often.
As easy as it seems at this point, doing anything in the tunnel after the fuel valve and heater hoses are installed can be quite an unattractive chore.
I placed 2 AFP filters, one each under the front seats, very easily accessible
and with 2 filters you can cut your filter inspection in half as well.
Your pump and other fuel system components will need little if any service,
rather a visual inspection at annual and in order to access anything in the
tunnel you have to remove the seats anyway.
Think about it.
Over 2500 Gallons of E10 mogas burned
Don't believe everything you know.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:24 AM

I installed an Airward service panel on the side of the right seat tunnel. Right now seems easy enough to get to. But I don't have all the hoses and what not in there yet.
Donated for 2018
Old 09-22-2016, 12:30 PM

Thank you for all the input, I ended up moving the pump bracket forward a few inches and making a 2" flared pipe to connect it to filter. I have added an access panel on the side so getting to the filter is not bad, I have tested that. If I had not already done this I really like the idea of rotating the pump 90 degrees and connecting it to the filter with a flexible hose. Maybe on the next build (don't tell my wife I said that ).
Old 11-07-2018, 11:24 PM

I have a similar problem with the new pump setup being much longer with the filter in tandem, I also have the fuel flow senders in the tunnel.

I already have 2 AN aluminium filters under the seat panels, one from each tank before the fuel lines get to the tunnel. Getting under the seats is easier than opening up the tunnel for me as I have the centre arm rest etc.

Is it now possible to install the airflow filter on the other side of the firewall. It is all aluminium after all, and I have a return line installed in any case after the mechanical pump to keep the fuel cool.

This would save space in the tunnel and also act as an extra filter to stop pump parts and debris blocking the fuel line in the mechanical pump. Might even be easier to open and clean out rather than taking the tunnel apart every time.