Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-10
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2018, 09:12 PM

Default Missing documentation on Vetterman exhaust?

Hey all,

I'm installing my Vetterman tailpipes, and I cannot figure out how to interpret the documentation that describes how to attach the tailpipes.

Does anyone know what length AN3 bolts we need to use?

The hardware for my vetterman exhaust system came in a ziploc bag, and I believe I may be missing the bolts, adel clamps and springs for the tailpipe attach. I can't find anything on the firewall forward kit inventory that fits the bill either.

What am I missing? Was anyone else confused at this section, and if so how did you resolve?

Thanks!
Old 10-30-2018, 09:30 PM

Default Vetterman exhaust

call Clint at Vetterman exhaust, and keep calling till he picks up the phone, he will ship out parts but hardware and rubber hoses should have been in the box as part of the install kit. Did you get the heat muff with your kit. I had to call to get mine as Vans didn't include it in my order.
Old 10-30-2018, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denbobp View Post
call Clint at Vetterman exhaust, and keep calling till he picks up the phone, he will ship out parts but hardware and rubber hoses should have been in the box as part of the install kit. Did you get the heat muff with your kit. I had to call to get mine as Vans didn't include it in my order.
I think I have the proper stainless washers and lock nuts, just none of the bolts, adel clamps or the spring that I need for the ball joint. I did get the heat muff!

Thanks for the advice. I'll give Clint a call in the AM.
Old 10-30-2018, 10:28 PM

Hi Guys, give me a call in the morning and we’ll get you fixed up.
The experimental aircraft market seems to be booming and keeping the phone answered can be a challenge some days!
As was mentioned, give me a call or email. Clint
Old 10-31-2018, 04:54 AM

Default Exhaust

Just a note on my experience with Clint and Vetterman.......bought a RV-7 from the original builder. Had a small exhaust issue with the Vetterman exhaust. Called Clint and I have never, ever been treated better. He resolved the problem quickly and it's been perfect since. I just wish every company performed like this!
Old 10-31-2018, 10:26 AM

Default Clint is the man!

Okay, resolved! I gave Clint a call this AM and we've got it all sorted out. The exhaust is such a fun piece of the install. Huge visual reward for very little work. I love it!