VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 02-20-2017, 07:57 PM

Default SDS Dual ECU Wiring

In the past we've not posted a recommended schematic for wiring the components of our EFI systems in aircraft as it seemed everyone had their own preferences and ideas. Now, we're receiving more calls for recommendations so here's a schematic which some may find useful.

Notice there are two independent batteries and a fuse/ breaker/ switch for each fuel pump. There are also separate grounds for each device and separate switches for each important component.

There are no diodes.

There are no unfused main power wires feeding the essential bus.

We never recommend stacking grounds.

We never recommend critical components be tied to other component power switches or grounds as this does not promote redundancy.

Pilot intervention is required for all switching. You may run both pumps at low altitude.

Both ECUs are always powered. Each ECU is always running one set of 4 plugs. We only switch the injector outputs and relay default (closed contacts, no power required to them) has the primary ECU running the injectors.

Ross Farnham, Calgary, Alberta
Turbo Subaru EJ22, Marcotte M-300, IVO, RV6A C-GVZX flying from CYBW- 416.6 hrs. on the Hobbs,
RV10 95% built- Sold 2016
http://www.sdsefi.com/aircraft.html
http://sdsefi.com/cpi.htm

Old 02-20-2017, 08:33 PM

Default SDS dual ECU Wiring

Thanks Ross,

I plan to run both pumps at low altitude and fuse injectors separately.
Newport News, Va
Old 08-29-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv6ejguy View Post
In the past we've not posted a recommended schematic for wiring the components of our EFI systems in aircraft as it seemed everyone had their own preferences and ideas. Now, we're receiving more calls for recommendations so here's a schematic which some may find useful.

Notice there are two independent batteries and a fuse/ breaker/ switch for each fuel pump. There are also separate grounds for each device and separate switches for each important component.

There are no diodes.

There are no unfused main power wires feeding the essential bus.

We never recommend stacking grounds.

We never recommend critical components be tied to other component power switches or grounds as this does not promote redundancy.

Pilot intervention is required for all switching. You may run both pumps at low altitude.

Both ECUs are always powered. Each ECU is always running one set of 4 plugs. We only switch the injector outputs and relay default (closed contacts, no power required to them) has the primary ECU running the injectors.
Ross,

Do you have a wiring diagram for Dual CPI's and Dual batteries? I've seen it before but can't seem to located it now.

My email is my screen name followed by @yahoo.com

Thank you
Old 08-29-2017, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chkaharyer99 View Post
Ross,

Do you have a wiring diagram for Dual CPI's and Dual batteries? I've seen it before but can't seem to located it now.

My email is my screen name followed by @yahoo.com

Thank you
Ross,

Disregard. I found it. Thank you.