Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 10-22-2017, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars View Post
I have an EXP. traffic showed on both my iPad mini 2 and my new iPad mini 4 but the former always showed the same number of stations as my GRT Sport SX whereas the latter always shows zero. Also the 2 showed radar but the 4 does not. Both will show weather at reporting AWOS sites but the 2 seemed to pick them up quickly, the 4 takes forever to update. iOS issue maybe?
Yeah, Iím afraid itís the new IOS or the latest Foreflight. Since Foreflight never formally supported Navworx, this could be a problem. Ran into a similar but different issue with my Stratux in the past few weeks. Wonder if one can go backwards on the iOS and foreflight loads...doubtful...

For those who have not updated, might be worth waiting.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by takair View Post
Noted one problem with the WiFi. My iPhone 5 did a great job of showing traffic and weather. My newer iPad mini 4 did not show traffic and was indicating that I had 0 stations while the iPhone showed 5. Anybody run into this?
This is a known bug with 4.1.0 on the ADS600-B. Traffic isn't transmitted on both Display ports. Most common occurrence is that your EFIS is on Port 1 and your wifi dongle is on Port 2. The was supposed to be fixed in 5.0.

Please note which unit you have. The OS and issues are different for each platform.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleffler View Post
This is a known bug with 4.1.0 on the ADS600-B. Traffic isn't transmitted on both Display ports. Most common occurrence is that your EFIS is on Port 1 and your wifi dongle is on Port 2. The was supposed to be fixed in 5.0.

Please note which unit you have. The OS and issues are different for each platform.
Thanks Bob. What is odd is that I am using one port to the WiFi. Both, the iPad and the iPhone recognize and communicate with the 600B, but the results are different. I have a feeling it may be a Foreflight issue. Will try different combinations next time I fly. Traffic on the Garmin generally agree with the iPhone. Had noticed the iPad had trouble with Stratux after the last update, and this appears confirmed as a Foreflight issue. Will keep an eye out for updates.
Old 10-28-2017, 06:06 PM

Downloaded the latest Foreflight fix(9.4.3.?) and it looks like it corrected the issue with traffic not showing up. It also fixed my Stratux issue. So far, I am quite pleased with the ADS600B. Flew my FAA verification flight today, fingers crossed. The only problem I had was a drop of the WiFi for unknown reason. Recovered with the breaker and no further issues. I really hope they can salvage the company. It really seems like they have a good product.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:07 AM

I have a ADS600-B and 4.1.0 loaded on it (not sure how I know the release).
My intent is to go the AMOC route with my G430w. But I don't have a copy of the UAT console that will run, looking for help.

I tried running the UAT console software I obtained back in 2012 but get an error on loading, "Nonshared DATA segment required", then if fails to open. Anyone have experience with this?

A secondary concern I have is that I recall the UAT console loads a version of the Navworx software. If so, this is backlevel for my box (my box had been sent in since then for a maintenance upgrade).

Does anyone have a copy of the UAT console that they can share or otherwise advise? Thanks.

Bill "with all appendages crossed" Watson
Old 11-02-2017, 10:43 AM

Bill, I Tried to send it directly - your e-mail bounced....
Old 11-02-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recapen View Post
Bill, I Tried to send it directly - your e-mail bounced....
See PM for good email.

Thank You!
Old 11-02-2017, 11:54 AM

Got it...check your inbox....
Old 11-05-2017, 11:09 AM

I think I'm ready for the AMOC work.

I made a flight over the weekend and pulled the Public ADS-B Performance Report for the flight. All looked good - no reds. I think that report is the final arbiter of whether my installation is satisfactory.

The only yellow mark was for NACv (Navigational accuracy velocity); Avg=4, Min=3, Max=4. The Avg and Min were marked in yellow, perhaps because they weren't both = 4. It seems that this value is determined by use of the G430w as the GPS source but I'm not clear on it

Unfortunately, I never could get the UAT Console to display "UAT Configured" and "Ready for Flight" consistently in green. I recall getting this readings sporadically but ended my last configuration session with mixed results.

Bill "satisfied but cautious" Watson
Old 11-05-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauleDriver View Post
I think I'm ready for the AMOC work.

I made a flight over the weekend and pulled the Public ADS-B Performance Report for the flight. All looked good - no reds. I think that report is the final arbiter of whether my installation is satisfactory.

The only yellow mark was for NACv (Navigational accuracy velocity); Avg=4, Min=3, Max=4. The Avg and Min were marked in yellow, perhaps because they weren't both = 4. It seems that this value is determined by use of the G430w as the GPS source but I'm not clear on it

Unfortunately, I never could get the UAT Console to display "UAT Configured" and "Ready for Flight" consistently in green. I recall getting this readings sporadically but ended my last configuration session with mixed results.

Bill "satisfied but cautious" Watson
That last sentence causes some concern. Which of the three indicators arenít green? Itís my understanding without all three being green, it wonít transmit.

The AMOC is a simple process, just send a copy of the 430 amoc, State you followed the instructions and placarded the Navworx box, and the n# of your RV-10 to the manager of you local FSDO. Itís just a notification procedure, not an approval.