Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-8/8A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2017, 08:21 PM

Congratulations! I can't wait till I'm doing it too. And... first attempt?! That was an excellent video! Great coverage edited very well... exciting from start to finish. Hope you're coming to OSH... I'll keep my eye out for you.
RV-8 #83507 - empennage complete (except fiberglass)
QB wings & fuselage work continues
N657AR reserved
Builder websites:
http://goatflieg.blogspot.com/
http://www.mykitlog.com/goatflieg/
Dues paid for 2017... extra payment included for psychological therapeutic services rendered.

Have you ever gotten the feeling you were smarter than you could ever prove?
Old 07-17-2017, 05:49 AM

I wouldn't miss OSH for the world! I'll be in HBC. A small gaggle of homebuilders from my airport are flying up on sat morning before the show starts...just to get a good spot and hang out before the excitement starts. Stop by and have a beer!
Currently in paint at Evoke Aviation
Old 07-17-2017, 06:17 AM

Default Another RV-8 First Flight

After six years of building, I received my airworthy certificate from the FAA (Dayton, OH office) for N118W about a month ago. I postponed flying until I could take some transitional training from Jan Bussell in Okeechobee, FL in late June. The plane took off like a rocket and flew straight and great!

I want to thank everyone that post on VAF. The knowledge on this site is worth 10 times the donation (why I double my donation every year, thanks Doug R.!!!). I also want to thank Stein Air (Doug Law was FANTASTIC), Abbey at Flight Line Interiors, and Catto Propellers. Special thanks goes out to my EAA Tech Counselor Dave Ross!

(Now the challenging part, trying to post a picture!?!?)

Bob Welsh
(in Flight testing!)
In Phase I
Old 07-17-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseavolt View Post
A truly heartfelt thank you to everyone on VAF for all of the information and shared knowledge. I don't think that I would have embarked on such an enormous project without this community and resources.

I had first flight in April, but have been focused on test flying and all that goes along with frequent inspections/adjustments to the new airplane. I've got about 80 hrs on her now, started learning aerobatics, formation flying, and completed an IPC. All I can say to all of the current builders is to keep plugging away at it. The experience and plane has been even better than I had hoped it would be!

Here is my first attempt at making a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHT28sL0-58&authuser=0
Jason that was awesome... what a great video to boot
N517NC ( reserved)
Dues Paid
NOV 2016
July 2017
Old 07-17-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwelsh View Post
After six years of building, I received my airworthy certificate from the FAA (Dayton, OH office) for N118W about a month ago. I postponed flying until I could take some transitional training from Jan Bussell in Okeechobee, FL in late June. The plane took off like a rocket and flew straight and great!

I want to thank everyone that post on VAF. The knowledge on this site is worth 10 times the donation (why I double my donation every year, thanks Doug R.!!!). I also want to thank Stein Air (Doug Law was FANTASTIC), Abbey at Flight Line Interiors, and Catto Propellers. Special thanks goes out to my EAA Tech Counselor Dave Ross!

(Now the challenging part, trying to post a picture!?!?)

Bob Welsh
(in Flight testing!)
GREAT !!!

ENJOY IT
N517NC ( reserved)
Dues Paid
NOV 2016
July 2017