What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin Mode S Transponder Software Upgrades at Oshkosh 2017

g3xpert

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Hello,

We will once again provide free software upgrades for Garmin Mode S transponders used in Experimental aircraft at Oshkosh.

Just bring your GTX 23ES, GTX 33ES, GTX 330, or GTX 330ES transponder in to us at the Garmin tent at Oshkosh and we will install V8.02 software into your transponder while you wait. It only takes about 2 minutes to accomplish this update. This software hasn't changed in a couple of years, so make sure you need an update before bringing it over.

We will also be updating software for GTX 35R/45R, GTX 335, and GTX 345/345R transponders to V2.10 to newer.

We are located across from the EAA Welcome Center and the Ford tent. If you look at the Airventure ground map, this is grid K13. From homebuilt camping, just follow Knapp street South to Celebration Way (the main entry street) and turn left

Sorry, but we are not equipped to perform sign-offs for certified aircraft, so please only bring us transponders that are installed in experimental aircraft.

Hope to see you at Oshkosh!

Oshkosh2015.jpg

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve

Is there any chance you might update the GTX 327 too??

Thanks

Bruno
[email protected]

Hello Bruno,

What software version are you using in your GTX 327?

GTX 327 V2.10 software was released in Feb. 2014 and is the latest software for all GTX 327 units manufactured before July 2014.

GTX 327 V2.12 software was released in July 2014 to support newer hardware in the GTX 327 units manufactured after that date.

GTX 327 V2.13 software was released in Aug. 2017 to address an altitude reporting issue only when using a Gillham based altitude encoder with GTX 327 (011-00490-00) serial numbers 83750922 to 83752847 or GTX 327 (011-00490-10) serial numbers 84000356 to 84000357.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:
2007 GTX 327

Steve
My unit was purchased around 2007 and has worked fine for 10 years, is there any benefit to upgrading to the 2014 V2.10? Also will there be any impact of the older firmware on the integration of the new GDL 82 if I go that way?

My 327 will be coming with me to Oshkosh if you would like to update it, also my SL30 :D
Figs

GTX 327

Hi Steve

Thank you for the quick reply.

My 327 is a 2004 vintage and has never been updated so it must have something earlier than V 2.10...

Bruno

Figs and Bruno,

We will bring our GTX 327 programming harness and software to enable us to update EAB customer GTX 327 transponders at Oshkosh to V2.12.

Hope to see you there.

Thanks,
Steve

Thanks

Steve
Appreciate it, see you there, does the update reset any of the EEPROM settings such that I need to make a note of any settings.
Thanks
Figs

Steve
Appreciate it, see you there, does the update reset any of the EEPROM settings such that I need to make a note of any settings.
Thanks
Figs

Hello Figs,

Good question. While we don't expect the configuration to be lost, it is always a good idea to have all of your configuration settings captured (e.g. camera images) before performing a software upgrade.

This will allow you to verify your settings are still intact before making a flight with the updated equipment.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve,
I see version 8.04 for the GTX's has just come out. Are you guys planning to continue the practice of providing on-site updates at OSH 18?

Steve,
I see version 8.04 for the GTX's has just come out. Are you guys planning to continue the practice of providing on-site updates at OSH 18?

Hello Todd,

While we aren't too deep into Oshkosh planning, there is no reason to believe we won't continue to office this service.

Thanks,
Steve

Back