What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skyview with GTN650/750

Pat Stewart

Well Known Member
Interested in talking to anyone who has experience with the Skyview and GTN 650. Thinking of making the step to an INstrument rating and looking for insight. PM me if interested.

Pat

That?s my setup

Pat,
Let?s set up a rendezvous. That?s my IFR setup, and I love it.

Thanks all, received several PMs and email exchanges. I appreciate all the information. Sid, sounds like a good idea. Let's do it.

Pat

I had an RV-6A with this setup and have installed quite a few in other Rv?s. Give me a call and I can make some recommendations.

Another great RV day. After exchanging emails from several VAFers I managed to get the GtN650 talking to Skyview (very simple). Went flying I found lots of new stuff on the glass to play with. Later this afternoon Sid came over in his 7A which has virtually the same panel as mine and we took it flying. Wow! Is this Skyview system and autopilot great. I have about 70 hours behind the Skyview and until today had not scratched its capabilities. Sid dialed up a few approaches and the airplane responded with all the GTN data displayed on the Skyview, as Jay would say "Way Cool". I have a lot to learn but today opened up some new challenges/opportunities for me.

Thanks Sid, great day.

Pat

A great day indeed! I had fun flying, Pat, afternoon bumpies and all. You have a great setup: You just need the SkyView autopilot control panel and 3-function knob panel to really simplify the IFR workload. Keep practicing, and get that instrument ticket!

Oh, and thanks for lunch, Pat.

Back