What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Insurance Cancellation

gvgoff99

Well Known Member
I am still building but got a Cancellation Notice from Phoenix Aviation Managers, Inc. of Dallas, TX. They stated there is a drop dead date for my insurance "Due to the poor loss experience with this class of airplane, our company will no longer provide coverage." :mad:

Has anyone else received such a letter? Does anyone have any suggestions about where to go to get insurance? I went through Aaron Wedge of Nation Air to get this insurance. I have not yet heard from him (this just occurred). I'll contact Aaron and see if they have another carrier. I was just wondering if anyone has any information beyond what Aaron might provide.

I'll bet Jim Pappas can help you. His ad is a yellow one, over to the left of what you are now reading (at least it should be visible there).?

Earlier posting?

You might want to look at the posting on May 27 named "Nationair Ins." I think it is the same subject.

Yup, I got the same letter, and I am now insured with (RV builder) Jim Pappas Insurance :) Rosie

gvgoff99 said:
I am still building but got a Cancellation Notice from Phoenix Aviation Managers, Inc. of Dallas, TX. They stated there is a drop dead date for my insurance "Due to the poor loss experience with this class of airplane, our company will no longer provide coverage." :mad:

Has anyone else received such a letter? Does anyone have any suggestions about where to go to get insurance? I went through Aaron Wedge of Nation Air to get this insurance. I have not yet heard from him (this just occurred). I'll contact Aaron and see if they have another carrier. I was just wondering if anyone has any information beyond what Aaron might provide.

Yes, that letter was also recieved by me. NationAir will likely find you another insurer when the time comes. Interestingly, I called Nationair just yesterday regarding another matter and was told by the person who answered the phone that Aaron Wedge is no longer with Nationair.

Rick Galati RV-6A "Darla"

Nationair

I got a call today and Aaron has left Nationair on frendly terms as near as I could tell. Anyway, they are going to give me a quote for flying coverage. I'll let you know the premium and coverage when I get it. George

Back