What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin Database?

622BH

Well Known Member
I've tried to decipher Garmin's website as to which "package" would be best for my 9A. I've only a GTN-650; no mobile devices or other avionics from Garmin. So, need the least expensive package for updating the GTN for IFR work.
Any suggestions on what is their "most appropriate" package for only a GTN?

Thanks in advance for your help.

you've asked at the right place...

G3XPERT will be along shortly!

All I can add is my thanks for them monitoring this forum and helping us out. Merry Christmas.

I've tried to decipher Garmin's website as to which "package" would be best for my 9A. I've only a GTN-650; no mobile devices or other avionics from Garmin. So, need the least expensive package for updating the GTN for IFR work.
Any suggestions on what is their "most appropriate" package for only a GTN?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello,

As we announced in July just before Oshkosh, Garmin starting offering its own navigation database for GNS 4XXW/5XXW and GTN series IFR navigators, which significantly reduced the cost of the primary database in your GTN.

The navigation database contains all the airports, runways, frequencies, and approaches, so this is the minimum needed to keep up-to-date to use this product to fly IFR. As shown below, the Garmin navigation database annual subscription is available for $299/yr for the U.S.

Annual Navigation Database Subscriptions for GNS 430W/530W and GTN Series

• Garmin Navigation Database - United States, $299.00/yr
  • Garmin Navigation Database - Canada, $299.00/yr
  • Garmin Navigation Database - Americas North, $399.00/yr

If you want a more complete database bundle, for another $200/yr you can purchase a U.S. bundle with includes Garmin Navigation data, Obstacles, SafeTaxi, and Terrain databases.

US (Fixed Wing) Database Bundle $499.00/yr Includes Garmin Navigation, Obstacles, SafeTaxi, and Terrain (9AS) databases.

For a complete listing of database options, please visit our fly.Garmin.com website and visit the Database and Bundle Pricing section.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,
Steve

Back