What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Next step?

Rob H

Well Known Member
I?m nearing the end of the RV-12iS fuselage kit. I?m at the section regarding fuel lines. I had Van?s prebuild my tank, so it?s complete. Several of the instructions in the section regarding fuel lines and fittings require waiting for the engine kit. Would you recommend doing what I can with the fuel section right now? Or waiting until the engine arrives? And when did you order your engine? I?m slower than most builders due to work and family commitments, started May ?16. I need to finish seat backs, rudder pedals, and sheet metal work at forward fuselage and after this it?s on to the finish kit which I haven?t ordered either. Just need some recommendations on how I should proceed. Thanks

I assume you're talking about all the various tubes you need to bend, etc.

The ones that are behind the baggage bulkhead, you won't be able to install. But you can still make them now.

When I did my engine kit, I found that the tubes were fit very well.. and only only of them I needed to wrangle a little bit (just bending it by hand in a spot was sufficient).

Also, make sure that Section in your KAI is up-to-date.. they changed a couple of the tube bends recently (July 28 2018)
https://www.vansaircraft.com/service-information-and-revisions/27is/

Last edited:
. ... And when did you order your engine? I?m slower than most builders due to work and family commitments, started May ?16. I need to finish seat backs, rudder pedals, and sheet metal work at forward fuselage and after this it?s on to the finish kit which I haven?t ordered either. Just need some recommendations on how I should proceed. Thanks

Regarding your power plant kit ordering question, you will hav a lot of work to do on the Finish Kit, so certainly wouldn?t order the Powerplant kit until the end of the Finish Kit is in sight. I ordered mine two weeks ago and am waiting for shipment confirmation and time now.

Back