What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

.MOV editing question

AX-O

Well Known Member
All,
I just got a Drift HD 170 and have been having some growing pains. I placed the camera on my helmet with the lens upside down. So the video I took of the 5-ship this weekend at Mojave is upside down. I was trying to flip the image 180deg. Then I found out the windows media maker won?t read .MOV, so I can?t edit it. What are you guys using to edit your .MOV files to make the awesome RV videos? Are you converting the files to .WMP? Thanks for any help or guidance you can provide.

I've recently switched to Sony Vegas Movie 11 Premium (or some ridiculously long name). It has a bit of a learning curve but it also has a 30 day full feature trial period.

I use Streamclip to convert files. You can convert it to a format such as .wmv that your Windows tools will recognize. They have Mac and Windows versions. From there I'm not sure. I have not found a video editing package that I really like.

win7 and Windows Live Movie Maker 2011...

i use a mac but i am pretty sure that the Windows Live Movie Maker 2011 for win7 can read and manipulate .mov files directly.

Mac and iMovie

Axel,

Short term solution...

If you can't find a way to do it cheap, find someone with a Mac (or post the file on a website or send it to me) and you can easily use iMovie or Quicktime (Apple software) to rotate the movie. If it's too large for a file transfer I can have you upload it to a site and I can access it then.

Long term solution....

Your on your own but I would recommend a Mac for video editing.

another vote for Sony Vegas

+1 for sony vegas... I had version 8 and recently upgraded to version 11. I have no Mac experience, so my view is just of the PC world. I think Sony Vegas is the best balance between usability and capability. For the basic stuff, it wasn't hard to learn. But it can do so much more than I need, it has room to grow if I should find myself in need of another hobby.

Dave

Back