What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

North Dallas Hangars?

WingsOnWheels

Well Known Member
I still a little ways out, but need to start looking for a hangar for my 6A. I live in Plano, so my first choices in-order are:
McKinney
Aero Country
F69 Airpark Dallas
Addision
Rockwall
Mesquite

It is pretty difficult to find much info for hangars, especially shared-space hangars. Does anyone have any leads on space available or comming up?

Thanks,

Aero Country

There is almost always space available at Aero Country. It's just not advertised anywhere. When you get a little closer, let me know. I'll ask around and help you figure out your options here.

There is almost always space available at Aero Country. It's just not advertised anywhere. When you get a little closer, let me know. I'll ask around and help you figure out your options here.

That is great to hear. I will contact you pretty soon then.

Thanks,

We have hangar space coming up at Aero Country 1st of next month.

Right now in the hangar there's a One Design, an Archer, a C150, a Pitts S2B, and my RV-7. The Pitts is leaving end of this month. An RV6A likely would fit the space where the Pitts is leaving. For ingress/egress, only the C150 would have to be moved in and out of the hangar. Price is $250/month.

The hangar couldn't be used for finish construction of your 6A, but ongoing maintenance is not a problem - for example, I currently have the left tank removed to repair a weeping rivet.

Daryle,

Thank you for the info, that is pretty much what I am looking for. I probably won't make it in your timeframe, plus need a place where I can do final assembly an rigging. I may have a line on a temp hangar in McK where I can do the final assembly. Then I could move over to Aero Country for the remainder of Phase one. I'll just have to make sure my flight test area includes both airports.

Thanks,

Daryle,
Thank you for the info, that is pretty much what I am looking for. I probably won't make it in your timeframe, plus need a place where I can do final assembly an rigging. I may have a line on a temp hangar in McK where I can do the final assembly. Then I could move over to Aero Country for the remainder of Phase one. I'll just have to make sure my flight test area includes both airports.
Thanks,

That certainly should not be a problem since the airports are less than 8 miles apart!

Back