What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Stop SE of Memphis?

DBone

Well Known Member
I need a fuel stop ideally somewhere SE of Memphis on a trip from Dallas, TX to Gatlinburg, TN this weekend. Ripley, MS (25M) has the cheapest 100LL around at $4.85/gal, but I don't mind paying a little more for a bigger airport or one with at least a few RV's based there. In case something goes wrong halfway across the country from home, it's nice to know there's help around! :)

Anybody based at Turner (CRX) or Muscle Shoals (MSL)? Either of those are good choices as well.

Thanks!

I need a fuel stop ideally somewhere SE of Memphis on a trip from Dallas, TX to Gatlinburg, TN this weekend. Ripley, MS (25M) has the cheapest 100LL around at $4.85/gal, but I don't mind paying a little more for a bigger airport or one with at least a few RV's based there. In case something goes wrong halfway across the country from home, it's nice to know there's help around! :)

Anybody based at Turner (CRX) or Muscle Shoals (MSL)? Either of those are good choices as well.

Thanks!

I landed at Ripley a few weeks ago with about 12 gallons of fuel. No one was around, and it looked like no one was ever around. For the life of me, I couldn't find the hose for the self service fuel pumps and was about to take a short hop to the next field (after calling to confirm that they had gas) when I noticed that the ends of the self service pump housing had something that looked like a small garage door. It looked locked, but I decided to give it a try, and it came right up exposing all the plumbing and hoses. Maybe I'm the last person in the world to have learned this trick. Otherwise the fuel stop went fine. It was the cheapest fuel.

-John

Northeast of Memphis is Covington, Tn (M04), stopped for a fuel/breakfast stop on the way to Florida last year. It was attended last year by Mark, great guy and he even answers the phone! Cheaper gas at $4.99 and a crew car. "The Bald Butcher" was The place to eat in town, only downside was about a 5 mile drive.

Muscle Shoals, KMSL, has TVRVBG members based there and the core of the Tennessee Valley RV Builders Group is 15 minutes further east at Pryor Regional KDCU (15 RVs based on the field). Each has self-serve fuel and if you need assistance there are staffed FBOs and RVers on call.

Sevierville, TN is 1:10 from DCU. Have a good ride!

Last edited:
Back