What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Glare Shield Cover

Bluelabel

Well Known Member
It seems that Flightline Interiors is no longer making a Glare Shield Cover for the 10. Aerosport doesn't make one either.
Anyone know of another source? A few months away from needing it but.... wanted to find a source.

Thanks,

I used a grospointe fabric. I glued it to the glare shield prior to windscreen installation. I finished the front with a piece of trim ordered from McMaster Carr.

IMG_2127.jpg

IMG_2660.jpg

Last edited:
Timely

I sewed my own, which did not come out as well as I would have liked, and just tonight was trying to find the price on flight lines website. Was going to ask for a new one for Christmas. Guess I too am looking for somewhere to get one.

I sewed my own, which did not come out as well as I would have liked, and just tonight was trying to find the price on flight lines website. Was going to ask for a new one for Christmas. Guess I too am looking for somewhere to get one.

I would suggest giving Abby a call directly.

I don't know why she stopped with the RV-10 products, but I've found that talking with vendors directly may yield better results than sending email requests or giving up just because you don't see it on the web site.

glare sheild

I went to the local upholstery shop and they came out to my hanger and made a template. Got it last week and it turned out great. Was about 200 bucks. Try our local place before you order one on line. It will fit better if they come out to your plane and anyone who does furniture or anything like that should be able to do it.

glare sheild

I see a made a mistake in the post above. I meant try your local shop before you order one on line.

I didn't bother with fabric - I painted it flat black. I did use the McMaster Carr trim piece. No regrets.
John

Flightline

Abby did finally get back to me and as it turns out, they are still able to make one. One color choice (Black) for $185 so..... Problem solved.
(PS... I did call them, they don't seem to answer the phone very often but usually get back via email eventually.):)

I put slit autozone fuel line over the sharp edge. I then put 1/4 closed cell foam over the top and then covered it with a textured walmart yoga mat rolled and glued over the foam and fuel line.
Looks great, easy to clean, easy to replace if the need arises (although I did the initial install before the windshield was in place.)
About $35 in materials and a half days work. Gotten a ton of compliments on it.

Last edited:
I used a flat black/grey spatter stone paint out of a rattle can. Added door trim edge guard. All from Wal-Mart and about $10 total cost. Looks fabulous.

I'm making my own from black upholstery vinyl. I'm going to try sewing a rubber edge trim on the windshield end to help wedge it in place, and some McMaster Carr edge trim around the glareshield and handholds. I'll probably sew some Velcro across the top for future reference. Here's the pattern piece:

2hz703d.jpg

==dave==

Back