What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N803DR Performance Numbers

j-red

Well Known Member
Just another data point for comparison with other 8 owners and builders.

After a few hours learning how to fly (and particularly how to LAND!) this thing, I've got the confidence needed to install the wheel pants and gear leg fairings without subjecting them to assured destruction!

Lots of work has gone into these, and they're still not perfect, but I think they turned out pretty good.
o1o.jpg

Now for the performance numbers.... drum roll please!

8k density alt., 10gph = 75% power according to the Dynon giving about 187kts true
o1x.jpg

Throttle back to 8gph and it's an even 170kts at the same alt.

o1z.jpg

I'm a newbie to the CS prop and have quite a bit of testing to go to really hone the performance #'s at various altitudes, but based on these initial numbers, I couldn't be more pleased.

Nice ! What's the 62kts at the top of the speed tape? I noticed it in both pictures. Also how are you getting the pictures in the post? Where are you hosting them.

I didn?t know, so I had to look it up! Apparently it?s the airspeed bug setting. Not sure when/how that would be used except maybe when setting the autopilot to climb at a certain airspeed.

Engine

What model engine are you running? Did you happen to dyno it? These are the TAS numbers I'm hoping for (or a bit more hehehe).

Nice job.

Back