What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Parking brake valve 9A location?

ron sterba

Well Known Member
I asked a question about parking brake valve for my 9A and the response was Great last week. Thanks NOW the company (Bonaco) who makes the the hoses is asking where are you installing the parking brake valve on the inside firewall and I need to measure the lenght for the hoses. Iam in a TIZZY for the EXACT ( inches from here to there and from there to here) location of the valve. Ive decided on the the latest new design from Matco for the valve. Thats for your help guys. Ron in Oregon

Ron,

I've got the new Matco valve and am in the process of mounting it. I'll shoot you some pictures tonight of my doubler, valve stand off, and mount for securing the cable. This is version 1.0, so it may change a little, but the location of the valve probably won't. It's about 6-8 inches directly above the the stock flex line to hard line connections (mine is an A model), so my initial impression will be to shorten my stock flex lines by the 6-8 inches.

Ron,
I put in the Matco PB valve and used Brett's hoses on my 9A. I didn't decide to use it until after I had already riveted the F601B stiffner. I drilled those rivets out and made a bracket that utilized those holes with a vertical leg to catch the bowden cable. The length's that Brett had already used on someone else's 7A worked fine. I'll try to post a picture or two of it.

07-21-08-01.jpg

03-09-08-03.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Paul I like your new bracket. Talked with Bret friday and said hes happy with Matco so I'll order next week from Matco and then measure the lenghts for Bret to make the hoses. Thanks Paul I'll keep you informed. Ron in Oregon

Hello Jerry. I like that configuration on the parking brake unit. The CABLE IS NICE AND SHORT TO THE PANEL AND EASY ACCESSIBILITY TO ALL OF IT! NICE JOB! IS YOUR CABLE OFFERED IN VANS OR AIRCRAFTSPRUCE CATALOGS NOW?

Thanks Jerry. Ron in Oregon

Back