What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N7VQ First Flight!

RV, ?Seven Victor Quebec?, dispatched for the skies after a ten year build on Tuesday April 13, 2017. Test flown by EAA advisor and mentor David Ross resulted in an amazing day. The RV-7 performed as expected powered by an Aero Sport Power IO-375 and pulled by the Whirlwind RV200 propeller. She weighed in at 1105# without paint and is equipped with some sporty Garmin gear. Thanks to my Lord for the ability and blessing me with the stamina to persevere, my wife who gave up her garage for many years and for the many that encouraged me throughout the journey.

Let?s go flying?..

https://vimeo.com/213177238

https://vimeo.com/213177014

N7VQ(very quick)

Congrats to you Jeff! What a great accomplishment. Do you have a build log or know how many hours roughly it took you to get this far?

What?

What? No landing video??? Just kidding!
Nice plane and Thanks for sharing the big moment with a video!
Congrats.

Hello Justin

Congrats to you Jeff! What a great accomplishment. Do you have a build log or know how many hours roughly it took you to get this far?

Hi Justin,

I kept a paper log although didn't keep track of the hours. I see many have completed theirs in 3000 hours or less and I can assure you I exceeded that. I see you work out of CHA. I worked a few years at MFD and currently I'm on the dark side at ZOB.

Hi Justin,

I kept a paper log although didn't keep track of the hours. I see many have completed theirs in 3000 hours or less and I can assure you I exceeded that. I see you work out of CHA. I worked a few years at MFD and currently I'm on the dark side at ZOB.

Hey Jeff,

Very cool. I've been at CHA for 7 years in September. It's my home and I love it, but I'm ready for change in scenery. The new NCEPT makes it really hard to leave though.

Did you go right from MFD to ZOB sup? You're welcome to PM me. Enjoy the bird!

Back