What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Getaway Suggestions in Southern to Central Oregon?

lndwarrior

Well Known Member
Wife and I want to take a bit of a flying adventure from NorCal for 4 or five days up to Oregon. We love the outdoors, though don't want to camp for this trip. Wife's one request - there MUST be golfing nearby.

We are planning on going in early September. Looking for cool places to fly into and/or cool places to stay/eat/explore. Not really looking for 5 star accommodations (though would certainly consider if there are other benefits to the location).

I was looking at Gold Beach but was wondering if the weather in September may start to get a little funky along the coast? If so, an inland destination would be good as well.

I guess a really ideal location would be an AirBnB on some (somewhat) secluded river. With a decent restaurant nearby - and the golf course.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

TIA
Gary

Sunriver- good golf courses, hotel, fishing, and access to a lot of wilderness a short drive away. The resort itself is pretty busy but not overcrowded.

Brandon Dunes - you can fly into Brandon and make arrangements to get picked up. Several golf courses including two in the top 50. Golf is the main activity. Hotel, cottages, etc... Five golf courses now I think.

Gold Beach - not sure about the golf. The Mail Boat jet boat ride up the Rouge river is awesome. Weather is usually really nice on the south coast that time of year but it is the Oregon Coast.

Ashland, OR for Shakespeare, Britt festival, good eats, great up-and-coming wineries. A few golf courses but nothing spectacular. Most of my Medford-area golfing friends drive down to Shastina in Siskiyou co. to golf.

If the weather allows, Shelter Cove, CA is a fun stop. No golf. Just a remote beach to visit.

Back