What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lord mount

RepmikeBrown

Well Known Member
I'm ready to hang my 0320 A1A onto my 4
Does anyone know the lord mount part numbers for a conical mounts
Thanks Mike

I'm ready to hang my 0320 A1A onto my 4
Does anyone know the lord mount part numbers for a conical mounts
Thanks Mike

For my RV-6A, O-360-J2A (from an R-22), the box says, "P/N J-6230-1", and further 1-877-ASK-LORD. The J-6230-1 is an assembly of three parts, two cone ISO mounts, and an eccentric sleeve to separate them. (Engine bolts sold separately). Got mine through Vans web site, check for Conical Mounts. Box also says "Bellanca" - which may be important if you try Spruce, for example, or others which won't even spell RV.

Ran across a thread in one forum VAF which mentioned 'clocking' the eccentric sleeves according to which corner of the mount is being adjusted. FYI ...

You'll need 8 pieces of J1552. Those are the conical mounts that don't need to be indexed.

There is a biased version that needs a locating pin for correct orientation, but the plain variety work fine and perform better than the solid rubber variety.

A lot more expensive, but worth it in the long run.

I asked about torque requirements from Lord. There recommendation is torque until they just start to deform with the engine weight supported. 40 in.lb is quoted elsewhere. Not a lot either way.

Back