What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 Wiring Schematics

Johnwat

I'm New Here
Can anyone please help me by sending me a legible wiring scamatic for a RV-12.
If so I will give you address & reimburse postage.

If so I will give you address & reimburse postage.

Does the PDF copy from Van's not work for you? That's what I use... you can zoom in on the area of interest. I haven't printed one because to be useful for my old eyes it would need to be at least 11x17 or larger.

I have both the pdf and dwg versions of the schematics. I tend to prefer the dwg version but that requires installing a (free) viewer.

Hi all,

I have PDF Files for finish kits shipped after 6/23/11.

A guy at work broke the drawings down into system drawings.

One PDF file contains the 10 system drawings. These are best printed on 11 x 17 if you can.

The other file is the overall system and needs to be printed full size to be readable, I think it is a ?B? size drawing.

With both files you can view the files on the computer and print small segments in a readable size.

Note, this is for finish kits shipped after 8/23/11.

Send me an E-mail address and I will send you the PDF's

My e-mail is [email protected]

I have both the pdf and dwg versions of the schematics. I tend to prefer the dwg version but that requires installing a (free) viewer.

Solidworks will also open that drawing, and I think it will let you do more than the viewer will.

John,

You may want to consider doing what I did .... in addition to downloading and installing one of the free readers on the home desktop computer, I also wanted the wiring drawing printed on paper.

I found a local blueprint shop that was willing to print the file for me. Because of the way the drawing is produced, to have a meaningful easy to read paper drawing, I found it best to have the drawing printed on 4' x 3' blueprint paper .... this will yeld an overall drawing that is still hard to read, but at least you can see it all. Next have the four quadrants printed on separate 4' x 3' sheets a long with a fifth page that is just of the center matrix. I used the printed version in the shop/hangar a lot ... it also allowed writing notes and easily documenting additions/changes to the wiring.

Happy building,

Last edited:
Back