What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My Other RV is an F-14!

ppilotmike

Well Known Member
Many of you have commented that I need to quit working on other projects and finish my darned RV-10!

Well, as the video links below will attest, I have finally finished the F-14 Pedal Plane project with my 5-year-old daughter, Amelia. Believe it or not, she did most of the work on the aircraft, which is mostly wood. However, being an "RV Guy" I just couldn't stop myself from making a few modifications...

Leather Upholstered Seat
SS Avionics Panel w/ Backlit Buttons and Switches
Custom Circuit Board w/ Amplifier & Speaker
Volume Control
Lithium Battery w/ Panel-mounted Plug-in
Programmable LED Lights
Music & Movie Effects (Top Gun and Star Wars)
Stick-mounted Button for Machine Guns
Power Up Switch (F-14 Spool Up Recording)
Jet Fly-by and Bomb Drop Effects

Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKCyX2FXrlw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmjbab3ooi8

Last edited:
Thanks..

..for the kind words. My kids (and the neighborhood kids) are happy with it, and I'm happy to have my shop time back. Now it's 100% RV-10 time, baby! :D

/Robbie/

"Too close for missiles; switching to ROCKS!"

:D

In that second vid, he is pulling some G trying to get a deflection firing solution on that scooter.

Last edited:
"Too close for missiles; switching to ROCKS!"

:D

In that second vid, he is pulling some G trying to get a deflection firing solution on that scooter.

NICE! I think the second video kind of looks like a POV cam. It's true, I wasn't leading the target enough. Typical amateur. :D

OMG that's awesome! Where was that when my kids, who grew up on Air Force Bases, could have used that. They'd of had the best pedal cars in the whole flipping neighborhood. :D

But... my yet to be conceived grandkids... Mmmm... where did you get the plans from? If I start now it'll be ready about the time they graduate college. :p

where did you get the plans from? If I start now it'll be ready about the time they graduate college. :p

Aviation Products, Inc. They have quick-build options, which make them significantly easier/faster to build. Like I said, my daughter built most of it...

Back