What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon D180 datalogging?

13brv3

Well Known Member
Greetings,

This engine monitor section looks pretty quiet, but I'll ask here before going to the general section.

I had a D180 years ago, but they didn't have datalogging enabled. I'm thinking of using another one in an RV-3B panel update, and I see that datalogging is enabled in the software now. Has anyone tried it? How well does it work? Could anyone send me a sample log file?

Thanks,
Rusty

Greetings,

This engine monitor section looks pretty quiet, but I'll ask here before going to the general section.

I had a D180 years ago, but they didn't have datalogging enabled. I'm thinking of using another one in an RV-3B panel update, and I see that datalogging is enabled in the software now. Has anyone tried it? How well does it work? Could anyone send me a sample log file?

Thanks,
Rusty
I have used it with the D10 and was recently sent a EMS data file from a friend's D180. The data is complete and accurate. If the GPS is connected will include GPS groundspeed, time, etc.

Thanks. Are the files just text that can be opened in Excel?

When I had my D180, I installed an SD serial device called AntiLog, and was able to capture to SD, but it was somewhat cumbersome, and unforgiving if you didn't turn things on and off in exactly the right sequence. I haven't looked recently to see what other SD capture options there might be, but I sure with they would directly support SD capture like MGL and others do.

Thanks,
Rusty

They are Excel readable. .CSV, I believe.

You won't have any issues reviewing them.

PM your email address and I'll send you a sample.

Back