What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stratus ADS-b power plug defect

Had this problem?

• No

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters

Champ837

I'm New Here
I'm wondering if others have had an issue with the Stratus and it's recharging port. Mine had gotten to the point where no matter how I seated the plug it would not charge but would flash amber. Ultimately, I had to send it back to Appareo for repair. BTW, I tried multiple cables and chargers.

I called their tech support and was told that the problem I was describing was a common failure and likely the receptacle on the board , oh by the way, it was going to cost me $130 at a minimum. To me this is a design flaw and should be covered free.

I'd just like to hear if others have had a similar problem.

My Stratus 2 is over 3-years old. Cable that came with it did not work and was replaced. After several years of use, replacement cable connector became intermittent and did not work. Replaced cable and charging or operation on charger became reliable.

As I understand it, 1st and 2nd generation Stratus had problems with the micro USB connector and the latest version 2S uses a different connector because of the problems with the micro USB connector being unreliable for charging.

My plan is to replaced the the micro USB cable in the airplane when issues develop with the unit not staying charged.

I sent my Stratus back because it did not power up at all. Got it back 3 weeks later with a bill for $168.00. Says they replaced battery and power supply board. I turned it on in the plane and by the time I got to the hold short line to take off it was dead again. No lights whatsoever. Back it goes for another three weeks....

Back