What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Painting Light Reflectors

amaris

Well Known Member
I just purchased a set of Duckworks for the 7 and was wondering if anyone's done testing on painting the mounts vs leaving unpainted and amount of light bounce.
I'd rather paint but if it will be detrimental to the amount of light reflected, I won't sacrifice that.

I've always painted the bracket, ribs & interior wing skin (white in my case to match the outside color) to give a more finished appearance. The lamp parabolic shape is directing any USABLE light forward & what fringe light bouncing around inside the wing adds nothing light value wise.

I've always painted the bracket, ribs & interior wing skin (white in my case to match the outside color) to give a more finished appearance. The lamp parabolic shape is directing any USABLE light forward & what fringe light bouncing around inside the wing adds nothing light value wise.

Thanks, Ralph. I didn't think it would contribute much except a little "fill" light to the ground. But as with all things permanent and costing money to fix, wanted to double check it.

Back