What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sioux Drill... sticky trigger?

RV7Factory

Chief Obfuscation Officer
Hello all,

I just received my Cleveland tool order (at my office) and I was looking over a few things, and had a question.

The Sioux drill that came with the tool kit has a sticky trigger... If I depress the trigger it will not pop back out, but must be pulled out. Now granted, it is not connect to an air supply, and I have not I oiled it... but will this change once it is oiled and connected?

I just want to be sure there isn't something wrong with my new $200+ drill. Just curious what other's have experienced.

Thanks,
Brad

I think Bill Murrish had a similar problem....

Call cleveland - if I recall, they had him send his back and replaced in no charge. Either way they'll sort things out and make them right. I might try it with an air source, first.

Thomas

Thanks. I did call them, they said to just oil it, I will try but if I am not satisfied with it, it will go back tomorrow. I'm just not sure how "un-sticky" it should be. ;-)

Regards,
Brad

Last edited:
You will find that when you attach it to air, it will not stick.

Mine does the same thing. I'm not sure there's a spring in there to make it come spring back, I think it's all air pressure.

One tip. You know how you attach your drill to the air line, then go over to the air compressor and turn the air feed on. If you do that with Sioux, it'll take a second before that trigger pops out....during which you'll think a police car is heading your way, when what's happening is the drill is turning, and chewing up anything you left nearby.

In other words, charge the line first, then attach the drill.

Don't ask me how I know.

Unfortunately, nothing (oil or air) seemed to help the trigger, I just won't unstick even when running at pressures over 100 psi. You depress the trigger and the drill won't stop until you pinch the trigger and pull it out... not very safe. It is being sent back tomorrow. :(

Hopefully I can get Cleveland to send out a replacement while they wait for this one to be returned, that way I can start construction this (long) weekend.

same-o

I bought a Souix drill from Cleaveland with the same problem. Wasn't bad at first, but got worse over about a month to the point of being unusable.

Called Mike at Cleaveland, got a new drill right away without any hassles. No problem since.

Hwood

Just a quick follow-up...

I received my replacement drill from Cleveland today... the trigger is soooo much better, not even comparable. There was obviously something very wrong with the other drill.

Brad, sounds like you had the same drill as I had. Everyone said to do this and do that, but no matter what I did the trigger stuck. Cleaveland sent me a new one, no charge. Glad they took care of you too.

One other thing that maybe didn't have anything to do with this problem. There's an adjustable hex nut on the forward face of the trigger. It actually works like a governor, for some reason. If it's in too far, you won't get much spin.

Back