What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AFS Annunciator / Indicator Questions

majuro15

Well Known Member
AFS is working on my panel layout now and I have a few lingering questions if anyone can satisfy my instant gratification need before Rob returns my email!

I will have roll, pitch, and yaw trim on my 10. Can all three be displayed on the 5600 series? Does anyone have the yaw damper hooked up through AFS as well? I think it's the same as the Dynon, but not much information is out there yet.

I'd like to have annunciators on the EFIS for my door alarm, and two EarthX batteries (warning LEDs). Does the EFIS have enough input for all three? If not, I need to add some LEDs to the panel with labels.

Bonus question, anyone with an AC in the back mounted the ADAHARS in the tail cone? The manual says 2 feet distance from magnetic sources is enough but not sure. I may need a remote magnetometer.

Thanks!

AFS is working on my panel layout now and I have a few lingering questions if anyone can satisfy my instant gratification need before Rob returns my email!

I will have roll, pitch, and yaw trim on my 10. Can all three be displayed on the 5600 series? Does anyone have the yaw damper hooked up through AFS as well? I think it's the same as the Dynon, but not much information is out there yet.

I'd like to have annunciators on the EFIS for my door alarm, and two EarthX batteries (warning LEDs). Does the EFIS have enough input for all three? If not, I need to add some LEDs to the panel with labels.

Bonus question, anyone with an AC in the back mounted the ADAHARS in the tail cone? The manual says 2 feet distance from magnetic sources is enough but not sure. I may need a remote magnetometer.

Thanks!

http://dynonavionics.com/downloads/advanced/Advanced%20Quick%20Panel%20Installation%20Manual%20V5.2.pdf

The AF-5000 has supported the Yaw damper for the last 3 years
Yes you can display Aileron, Rudder and Elevator Trim
Each EFIS has 3 inputs that will display on all connected EFIS screens, so a two screen setup has 6.
Connect the EarthX to any EFIS input

Rob Hickman
N402RH RV-10

Back