What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Auckland, New Zealand - RV's?

BillL

Well Known Member
Hello, my son will arrive in Auckland on Jan 25, 2017 to explore the country on holiday. Is there an RV flyer there that might be willing to give in an aerial tour of the area?

Another question, what is the best way to communicate back to the states? If WiFi is readily available, maybe Skype?

He is a mountain climber, pharmacist (by trade) and an Eagle Scout.

Thanks

Update: He will arrive in Auckland, but will likely travel South as far as Invercargill, so if you are along the way, please let me know. 3.5 weeks in country.

Last edited:
Hi Bill,

I can't help with the Auckland RV's (They do exist though) but if the idea of an RV ride falls through, I can put you in touch with a small flying school who I used to fly with, they'll be glad to give your son a scenic flight of the area, albeit in a rattly old C172.

Regarding comms, Wifi is everywhere much like the States, but its probably easier if he just buys a NZ sim card at the airport when he flies in - 2Degrees is the cheapest, he'll probably be looking at $40-$50 NZD for a sim and 5-6gb of data which should be plenty for Skype calls home...

PM me if you need any more info on NZ!

Cheers,

Hugh

Hi Bill

I'm in Wellington and would be happy to take your son for a flight in my RV-6 if he's passing and we can co-ordinate a suitable date/time. I'll PM you my contact details.

Back