What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Twisted straps

tdk

When a hose or wire bundle crosses an engine mount tube at right angles, a twisted strap is needed between the two WDG clamps.

I could make these, but I suspect someone sells them?

I think you can just rotate things around a bit and you will find the two clamps can be installed without any special hardware.

Pretty much any angle can be achieved with two clamps and a bolt/nut.

Borrowed this shot off Google..........

IMG_1283.JPG

Last edited:
When a hose or wire bundle crosses an engine mount tube at right angles, a twisted strap is needed between the two WDG clamps.

I could make these, but I suspect someone sells them?

I got several twisted, right angle, and straight straps in my M1B (Vans) hardware it. They were so handy I looked up the numbers and holy smokes they were pricy.

So - I got some 4130, .063, 5/8" wide strips from Spruce (really cheap except for the shipping) and made what ever I needed. I made a drill guide that clamped on with vice grips to drill the holes in the right place quickly. I painted with zinc paint from the hardware store. Not sure about that paint, but they are handy and easy to make.

You may look in an AN catalogue for standard parts of the type, they are available. And way cheaper than Lycoming parts. I don't remember the part numbers. I made them primarily to yield hole sizes and specific length needed.

Last edited:
Back