What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

600hrs Honeywell Oil Pressure Sensor Started Fluctuating

Skunkworks

After 600 hours Jane's Honeywell oil pressure sensor started fluctuating after takeoff on our way home a few weeks back. It was going high and low but never in the red. However, it was only doing this while in the air at cruise. When on the ground it was stable. After some thought and researching the issue, decided it was with high probability the Honeywell sensor was going and it was time for a replacement.

Lockwood has a direct replacement part number GAOPSNDHK for $130.
It only required cutting the old set of wires and using only the RED and WHITE wires terminating for connectivity to the new sensor. Kit comes complete with plug kit and connectors to terminate the wires. No changes needed to be made to the Skyview. Just make sure you get the wires correct when you thread them through the plug prior to terminating. You only get one bite at the apple for a clean install.

All is well with Jane again and the new replacement is exactly what the doctor ordered. No fuss no muss.

A very likely reason the Honeywell sensor lasted this long was due to the suggestions of this forum to move the Honeywell oil pressure sensor to the firewall:D

photo1482421285399v2.jpg

Old Honeywell removed from Jane
photo1482421285836v2.jpg

Mark,

Thanks for posting this. I didn't know these were available. I thought I would have to switch to Kavlico.

Rich

I replaced my oil pressure sensor with this one yesterday. It is rock solid, but those connectors are a bear to crimp on the tiny wires.

Back