What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skyview Map Question..

pstraub

Well Known Member
I tried a search and the Skyview user guide with no luck....does anyone know how to turn of the displayed items I have outlined in red? They are on the right side of the map screen, but they are not one of the five 'info items'. The 'touch' zoom in and out buttons just clutter the screen, I would rather use the knob. I have no idea what the dashed horizontal lines are, but they are annoying when viewing the map, at least for me. They seem to fall between what would be 'right side info items 3 and 4'. Thanks for any ideas....
21mao2e.jpg

I think the 4 dashed lines are "Airspace proximity".
To select/deselect these go to MAP > MAP MENU > MAP ITEMS > AIRSPACE PROXIMITY.
See Version 15 Users Manual Page 7-33 or so.
I do not know a way of removing the SV Touch + _ buttons. I do not have the touch screen, so I do not see them.

I think the 4 dashed lines are "Airspace proximity".
To select/deselect these go to MAP > MAP MENU > MAP ITEMS > AIRSPACE PROXIMITY.
See Version 15 Users Manual Page 7-33 or so.
I do not know a way of removing the SV Touch + _ buttons. I do not have the touch screen, so I do not see them.

Thanks Rich, I will check it out as soon as I get back to the airport. I searched the Skyview user and install guides and the term 'airspace proximity' does not exist!! I did find a reference to it on the Dynon forum, so thanks for the info. Maybe someone will know if the 'zoom' buttons can go away. Paul

Airspace Proximity is on page 7-23 of the Ver 15 user guide. You may be looking at an earlier guide. I think it is a new feature.

i-Q5dDSgc.png

I like it; where I fly there is a lot of bravo and other airspace to keep track off.

I would like to delete the + and - also, but can't find it in the guide. It may be in the on-screen menus somewhere.

Last edited:
Thanks Tony, you are right, I was looking at a ver 14.0 user guide. I am OK with just seeing the visual boundaries on the map, so I think I will turn off proximity for now. I will ask Dynon if the 'touch' zoom buttons can be turned off. With the map knob AND the ability to pinch/expand your fingers for zoom in/out, I would rather de-clutter the screen.

Back