What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Emp plans set question

RV-3Bravo

Well Known Member
Anybody else building a 3 have some input for me? Just wondering what you guys got. I know the 3 is vague in directions but looking at others build pages, my plans set doesn't have the detail that they have.

Details

I think all the details are there, you just have to find them, I've built a 9A and the 3 is basically the same only smaller. I've learned from my last mistake that the plans are all there you just have to look at everything. Always check the preview plans for anything related to what your building. I now review the plans for the 9A and the set of plan for the 8, I have.

I am on my second emp and yes you must look at the plans for the fine details like the skin over hang on the stab and vert fin dont make it flush it overhangs at the T.E. for a good gap seal and thats just one small detail that can get you. also becareful when assembling the H.S. spar at the center hinge area you want to keep in mine the attatch brackets that mount H.S. to the fuse dont put rivets in that area.Look at the RV3 web site like rob holmes and randy levord ,mario ponds I think I got the names right go to Delta romeo rv3b site and he has list of 3 sites that is very helpful Have fun.

Back