What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nose gear bolts

texdog

Well Known Member
Does anyone have a source for just one nose gear bolt? NAS 6605-26 and a NAS6605-26X. I can find 5 but not just one. I found a lose nose gear bolt. RV6A, 800 hours, a shimmy at 21 knots I've been trying to fix for a year with no luck. I don't know if the shimmy was the cause or not. Please PM me.

May want to measure for an exact size for an oversize bolt and get the reamer for it, I went this rout on the main gear legs when I accidently reamed it to 5/16 :rolleyes:

Bolts

Gen Aircraft has the NAS 6605-26, but hey want you buy 5, I was hoping someone else had already done that and only needed one.

Nose gear bolt

A follow up on my gear bolt. The bolt I removed had a diameter of .308 and wasn't long enough. The threads were inside the gear leg. I removed the bolt and replaced it with a bolt correct length and was .311 in diameter. Light tapping in, long enough and no wiggle. Good support from local RV builders and The good folks at GAHCO. I'm glad I didn't have to ream it out.:)

One more thing, my nose gear was creaking when pushed into the hangar or moved side to side. The nose gear attaching bolt at the top was lose, now it is tight and the moan is gone. Fixem, it won't get better or the hole will get bigger.

Back