What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-9A Aluminum angle questions..which to use?

dwranda

Well Known Member
I need some clarification on aluminum angle. I bought the wing and tail kit from another builder. I have 6 long aluminum angle pieces. I called Vans and know not to cut into the two 15' ones. That leaves 2 that are 1/8 " thick and almost 10' long and 2 more that are 12' long and 1/16" thick. They are all 3/4" wide.
I'm ready to build the flap brackets and don't know what to use. Can anyone give a little help here?
Thanks!!

Check out the parts list in the manual...

I assume you're talking about W-914C, W-913C-L and W-913D-L. The drawing does not list the material. But section 4 in the manual does. Check the manual. But it looks like AA6-125X3/4X3/4. So it would be the 1/8 inch stock.

I had a piece of 10' 3/4x3/4x1/8 left over after my build :eek: I think it was meant for the battery box DWG 31. I went with DWG 31A, the PC680 steel box set up.

I assume you're talking about W-914C, W-913C-L and W-913D-L. The drawing does not list the material. But section 4 in the manual does. Check the manual. But it looks like AA6-125X3/4X3/4. So it would be the 1/8 inch stock.

I'm talking about the flap brackets so it's parts 925C L and R. Just noticed from section 4 the other brackets(925B) were manufactured so I searched all my little baggies from the previous owner and found them. Just to clarify, 063 is the 1/16" thickness and 125 is 1/8" right?

Back