What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Not a good day in Florida

Another website has some additional photos that seem to confirm that this was a 6 or 7. It was found upside down in the field. The flaps are down in the photos, which makes one wonder if the pilot was coherent enough to try to land. It was a beautiful day for flying down here today. So sad to see this. :(

Sad to see.
As Ryan said, it was a beautiful day for flying here in central florida.
My EAA chapter had a very well attended lunch flyin with about 140 attending. We're located about 20 mins south of the crash site.

I thought the shiney thing on the wing tip was a hand hold like the -12, a closer look reveals it is a position light & strobe.

Sad day indeed.

A lot of traffic

I was flying just East of the crash site on the way home from Hernando County EAA Chapter Fly-In BBQ. The airspace to and from Jacksonville was very congested with private aircraft Saturday 3/20/10. I had 4 real close ......I know they never saw me. So important to scan scan scan if not in radar contact with ATC even then you have to scan scan scan. Sympathy & condolence to our aviator brothers and their families....GOD BLESS

Very sad, indeed, and condolences to the families.

We often slam the press in these situations but I want to commend them on good, sympathetic-without-sensationalism coverage in the links posted (so far).

Very , very sad indeed...

Lee has been an mainstay in the central IL flying community for many, many years. He was roundly respected and very well liked. We will miss him a great deal. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Back