What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin Pilot Fuel Burn Erroneous

Tango Mike

Well Known Member
When using the trip planning page on Garmin Pilot here's a typical result I'm seeing and for the life of me I can't figure out why. For an RV7 with data inputted correctly as far as I can tell:

DIS 116nm; ETE 0+47; REQ fuel 48 gal. Huh?

When viewing the same trip on the flight plan page: DIS 116; ETE 0+47; Speed 150kt; Initial Fuel 42 gal; Burn Rate 7.5 gph; REQ Fuel 90 gal. Huh? times two.

Anyone else having this issue?

Ideas?

When using the trip planning page on Garmin Pilot here's a typical result I'm seeing and for the life of me I can't figure out why. For an RV7 with data inputted correctly as far as I can tell:

DIS 116nm; ETE 0+47; REQ fuel 48 gal. Huh?

When viewing the same trip on the flight plan page: DIS 116; ETE 0+47; Speed 150kt; Initial Fuel 42 gal; Burn Rate 7.5 gph; REQ Fuel 90 gal. Huh? times two.

Anyone else having this issue?

Ideas?

I do not appear to be having this issue. Pilot (Android) updated for me a couple of days ago to ver. 5.1.0. Android or iOS?

No, I checked every setting. One possibility that crossed my mind was erroneous values for fuel used during taxi, etc., and a mistake there could be causing it.

And as for calling Garmin, I'll do that, but I wanted to query the users first.

Last edited:
Back