What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Composite Designs power panel.

John Courte

Well Known Member
Anybody using/planning on using one of these? Anything intrinsically wrong with it, other than the funny-looking airplane printed on the face? And the pricey-factor, of course. How does it stack up to the EXP-Bus in terms of convenience, ease of install, etc.

http://www.compositedesigninc.com/Standard_Power_Panel.htm

In another thread, the use of the EXP-Bus gets mixed reviews, but I do see a lot of EXP-Busses installed in various folks' panels. I'm just gathering data at the moment, I still have yet to work out my final electrical loads, but I'm getting close on what equipment will be aboard.

thanks,
-John

Had the EXP Buss

Hi John,

When I started my project I bought the EXP Buss from ACS. The more I got into building my airplane and educated myself on wiring and the principles behind it (primarily from Aeroelectric.com) I decided to sell the unit. I know it's supposed to make life easy while in the wiring process but if anything ever went wrong with it, I wouldn't know what it was and I wouldn't be able to fix it. If you look at that circuit board with all the gizmos attached, it is complicated. I'm installing fuses and running wires, my plane is a simple VFR and it is easy enough to do. If anything ever goes wriong I can both figure it out and fix it, plus it's less expensive this way.

I Liked it...

John, I had the smaller "Mini" Power Panel in my 6A. I didn't know how much I really liked it till I put the EXP-2 BUS in my 4. The CD Mini was easier to install and worked flawlessly. Seemed to do all that the advertising stated.

Here's a pic FWIW....

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Good Luck....

Back