What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cleco every other hole?

PrescottB787

Working on RV-10 horizontal stab and don't have enough clecos. Any problem skipping every other hole before match drilling. Too cheap to buy extra:). Or would anyone recommend buying more for the wings and fuselage?

Thanks in advance

You will most likely need more for the bigger parts in the future. On straight rows, I sometimes will skip one or two holes between clecos. On curved portions, I usually have a clecos in every hold, pull it, drill it, put it back in, or pull it and rivet.

Would you like to borrow some? By your profile I guess we work for the same company. I can meet you at the airport.

Jay

The tailcone required the most 3/32 clecos for me. I think I wound up getting 500, and that was just enough.

You will most likely need more for the bigger parts in the future. On straight rows, I sometimes will skip one or two holes between clecos. On curved portions, I usually have a clecos in every hold, pull it, drill it, put it back in, or pull it and rivet.

Zackly. Couldn't have said it better m'self. :)

Back